We can't guarantee that some of these opportunities aren't also found on craigslist or Roll Call or included on the dozen other major/mainstream sources of communications, advocacy and PR opportunities you probably know well, because we simply just didn't look there. Still, some of these slots may offer a little less in the way of competition for your sterling CV and sharp cover letter.
American Association of University Professors:
- Program Officer, Academic Freedom & Tenure – noted as entry-level position
- Paralegal/Program Assistant
- Research Assistant – 26 hrs/wk @ $18/hr
Americans for the Arts (these are the most recent – we’ve previously referenced the DC-based opportunities also still shown available):
Art and Remembrance – Executive Director – part-time – experience with Jewish philanthropic organizations desirable but not necessary
American Lung Association:
Boeing – Communications Specialist – Renton, WA – apply by Sept. 27
Booz Allen Hamilton – Senior Internal Communications Specialist
BRTRC – Strategic Communications Coordinator – Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
CarMax – Communications Manager – Richmond, Va.
Catholics in Alliance – Common Good Fellow – media & public policy-oriented – small stipend noted
Center for Science in the Public Interest – Campaign Manager for the Campaign to Reform America’s Food System
Consumer Electronics Association – Marketing Manager – we previously referenced the communications position that’s also currently shown
Council on Foundations:
- Director of Public Relations
- Fall Associate, Executive Dept. – Sept.-Dec. term - $10-$12/hr – apply by Sept. 15
- Director, Network Communications & Media Relations
- Marketing Manager – Emerging Networks Division
George Mason University – Office Administrator, School of Public Policy (scroll to find or use position # 01120z) – $35k-$41k – apply by Sept. 17
Greenberg Quinlan Rosner – Field Intern – paid opportunity, needed ASAP – familiarity with Excel and STATA is ideal
Institute for One World Health:
- Senior Director, External Relations & Government Affairs
- Admin Assistant – part-time/temporary – San Francisco, CA
Library of Congress – Registrar of Copyright – $165k – apply by Oct. 12
Mystery Fairfax-based organization – Admin Assistant – part-time – $15/hr – may not be public-affairs oriented, but as long as we found it, we figured we might as well bring it to you anyways – search managed by Jones Networking
National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition:
- Policy Associate (scroll down)
- Policy Internship, Winter 2011 (keep scrolling)
- Grassroots Organizer – this yearlong position will pay a stipend but will not include benefits and is located in Randolph, VT
- Admin Coordinator – apply by Sept. 24
- Executive Director, OSI Initiative for West Africa – apply by Oct. 15
- Program Assistant, Public Health Program – apply by Oct. 8
- Intern, Revenue Watch – apply by Sept. 24
- Program Associate, Education and Youth Development & Criminal and Juvenile Justice – Baltimore, MD – apply by Oct. 1
Teach for All:
- Director of External Communications, Growth Strategy & Development
- Associate, Country Relations – fluency in Spanish required
- Managing Director of Development – location flexible, DC preferred
World Bank – Ethics Officer – apply by Sept. 17
And we'll end with an opportunity that's outside our usual orbit – per the the folks at the Maryland Professional Outplacement Center:
The FBI is seeking Special Agents!
MEET THE RECRUITER
When: Thursday, Sept. 16, 2010
Time: 10am - 2pm
Where: Carroll County Business & Employment Resource Center
224 N. Center Street, Westminster, MD 21157
Appointments must be scheduled by calling 410.386.2820.
The FBI is interested in candidates who possess the following critical skills: Computer Science or IT, Engineering, Physical Science, Accounting/Finance, Law, Law Enforcement or other investigative experience, Military, or Foreign Language and many other disciplines.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of professional work experience; be available for assignment anywhere within the FBI's jurisdiction; be between the ages of 23 and 36; and be in excellent physical condition with the ability to pass a rigorous physical fitness test.
You must be a U.S. citizen and consent to a complete background investigation,drug test, and polygraph as a prerequisite for employment.