Henry Jackson Foundation Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences – Special Assistant, Office of the President
Tired of your usual bike/hike/jog route? Check out the 50 state compendium of trail options – including several nearby; use DC, MD & VA links – courtesy of the Rails to Trails Alliance. And while you’re at it, you might as well check out this fine Vice President, Development & Communications (pdf) opportunity – search managed by Dewey & Kaye – apply by July 29. Multiple Fall 2011 Internships also noted.
Support the fine work of the Maryland Institute College of Art and production of scary-looking fish vases with topical titles – as Senior Major Gifts Officer or Director of Marketing – also available, but vintage 6/2/11, is Assistant Director of Public Relations. All positions located in Baltimore, MD. And check out more works from MICA students and alumni.
Just as we noted a few weeks ago, this Vice President for Development (scroll down) slot with the National Building Museum still shows a June 17 expiration date. But wait – per this listing from the Chronicle of Philanthropy, the deadline looks to have been extended to July 11.
Opportunities to join the catvocates at Alley Cat Allies:
American Youth Policy Forum – Program Associate (scroll down) to assist in organizing Capitol Hill-based forums, study tours, and webinars on afterschool programs and expanded learning opportunities for policymakers – apply by July 18
Join in the anti-human-trafficking efforts of the Polaris Project:
- Director of Communications – $50k-$75k
- Senior Development Officer – $50k-$70k
- Program Officer – Tokyo, Japan – professional fluency in Japanese required – 3-to-3.5 million yen/yr
American Cancer Society:
- Community Manager/Fundraiser/Educator – $29k-$34k – Virginia Beach, Va. – apply by July 19
- Office Coordinator – $28k-$32k – White Marsh/Baltimore, MD – apply by July 29
- Community Manager, Development – Dallas, TX
- Community Manager, Development – Waco, TX
- Grassroots Manager – Omaha, NE
- Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator – Topsham, ME
- Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator – Framingham, MA
- Intern, Organizational Communications – Atlanta, GA
- more available nationwide
More from the far-flung Friday file – in this case, Chicago, IL and the American Osteopathic Association – scroll down to find:
- Communications Specialist
- Production Manager – print & web
- Legislative Associate
- Program Coordinator
- Administrative Assistant, State Government Affairs
- Director, State Government Affairs
- Assignment Desk Director
- Production Assistant – Producer – History Producers (3 slots available) – Radio Productions Assistant – temporary positions
- Internships: Fall 2011 – Spring 2012 – Summer 2012 – Fall 2012
Sabin Vaccine Institute – Senior Communications Officer and Media Relations Associate
Search DC location to find Marketing Manager and Marketing Coordinator opportunities with international architecture concern Leo A. Daly Co.
Not really in our usual area of focus, but we’d like to think we could help plant someone in remote and beautiful areas in the Bay as Seasonal Field Educators at island residential environmental education centers of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation – education and environmental experience helpful - apply by July 15.
Congrats on making it through the holiday-shortened work week from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource! Celebrate here, and/or here, in our neighborhood (Old Town, Alexandria) this weekend.