Latest with Edelman PR – Account Exec, Grassroots – seeking candidates with strong writing skills to craft web content and advocacy action messages; online campaign experience also sought.
American Council of Life Insurers – International Relations Internship – seeking college seniors or grad students – Dec. 1 start date preferred; apply by Nov. 18
YMCA of Greater Richmond, Va. – Director of Communications – $40k – apply by Nov. 14
Association of Government Accountants seeks Director of Communications – ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience in communications development including conceptualization, writing, editing and designing print and electronic communications, preferably at a professional association. Located in heart of laid-back Del Ray.
University of Maryland – Director of Strategic Communications, School of Public Policy – we’d expect you would pass DCPA+CJ along to the career services crew there on your first day on the job – apply by Nov. 11
The Alexandria Chamber of Commerce is in search mode for a new President/CEO – apply by Dec. 9
Curesearch for Children’s Cancer – Communications Manager – seeking candidates with 2-4 years of PR/communications experience, with emphasis in media relations and writing.
American Cancer Society:
- Director, U.S. Government & Multilateral Health Advocacy
- Community Fundraiser/Health Educator – $29k-$34k – Cumberland, MD – apply by Nov. 11
- Regional Director, Marketing Communications – $47k-$55k – can be located in Greenbelt or Silver Spring, MD office – Spanish language skills preferred – apply by Nov. 18
Council for Exceptional Children – Communications Manager (pdf) – $44k-$55k – manages web content, oversees social media activities, professional awards programs, and writes, copyedits, and proofreads variety press materials, reports, promotional copy.
Spire Communications is based in the heart of Fredericksburg, Va. – but they broadcast their flexibility as to where you can be located as Senior Account Director working with private and federal government healthcare and health technology organizations.
- Unknown Senate Committee – Budget Review Professional
- NC Democrat – Chief of Staff – apply by Dec. 1
- Rep. Dan Benishek (R-MI) – Intern – available immediately
- Senior Midwest Democrat – Press Assistant
- Florida Democrat – Intern
- Rep. Jason Altmire (D-PA) – Intern, Spring 2012
The American Council on Education seeks Communications Manager for its Higher Education for Development Office – focus on production of reports and other printed materials, also with web site management. Also available: Exec Assistant.
New since we last checked in with Helicopter Association International: Regulations & International Affairs Assistant – please have at least one year previous association experience on your resume.
World Wildlife Fund – Manager, Program Communications – seeking candidates with a minimum of 8 years of experience developing and executing communications strategies, interfacing with both the private sector and conservation organizations.
Nothing in DC among the latest from Porter-Novelli – you can compare the vintages of DC opportunities still in their database by looking at our last edition containing posts at PN
- Vice President, Food – New York
- Producer, Digital Communications – New York
- Senior Account Exec – Boston, MA
- Technology Account Exec – Atlanta, GA
- Senior Account Exec and Assistant Account Exec – Technology Group – Seattle, WA
- Senior Vice President, Technology Group – San Francisco, CA
- Supervisor with PN’s Voce Communications affiliate
- Intern – available immediately – New York
Mystery healthcare nonprofit – Development Assistant – temp-to-perm assignment, starting at $12/hr – search managed by Careers in Nonprofits
Your career widget of the day: the job board from Association Trends.