We'd be remiss if we didn't also remind you to keep the UN Foundation's regularly-updated careers page on your radar screen. Please note several fresh opportunities there and look below for a few deadline-today jobs among the previously noted posts closing this week.
Mobilize.org – Communications Associate – Dec. 19
United Nations Foundation
- Communications Associate – Dec. 19
- Admin Assistant, Energy Climate – Dec. 19
- Senior Associate, Energy & Climate – Dec. 19
Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance – Vice President, Policy & Community Engagement – Philadelphia, PA – Dec. 20
Environics Communications – Senior Consultant, Health Sciences Practice – Toronto, ON – Dec. 21
Marine Corps Heritage Foundation – Vice President, Development – Dec. 21
Virginia Dept. of Transportation – Public Relations Specialist – $11-$23/hr – Staunton, Va. – Dec. 21
American University – Grants & Contracts Assistant, School of International Services – part-time – $14-$17/hr – Dec. 22
Alice Ferguson Foundation – Community Outreach Liaison – Dec. 23
Forest Service – Legislative Affairs Specialist - $105k-$136k – two vacancies – job ID: 12-50060001-0003DP-DLG – Dec. 23
U.S. Coast Guard – Public Affairs Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: 12-1161-HQ-MD-D – Dec. 23
Fenton Communications is searching for an Account Director with a strong set of strategic communication, management, campaign development and media relations skills – your seven-plus years of relevant experience should include time spent leading accounts and managing staff.
National Endowment for the Humanities – Special Assistant to the Director of Congressional Affairs – $34k-$44k- job ID: 12-003-DE – apply by Dec. 20
Concerned Black Men/National Organization – Communications Manager – guides marketing and communications strategy to website, internet, online/offline & social media audiences
Active secret clearances required for these slots with E3 Federal Solutions:
Citizens Financial Group seeks Senior Vice President, Government Affairs with 5-8 years relevant experience in drafting legislation, advocacy work, and/or political campaigns. There’s also a Senior Manager, Public Affairs post available in Chicago, IL
Administration for Children & Families – Legislative Analyst – $105k-$136k – job ID: HHS-ACF-DE-12-569989 – apply by Jan. 6
Longwood College – Farmville, Va.
- PR & Marketing Specialist – $11/hr+ supporting the Longwood Center for the Visual Arts
- Multimedia Specialist/Web Specialist (pdf) – $31k – photography, video production & motion graphics experience sought
USA Today – Director of Communications – fast paced environment promised; your aplomb dealing with difficult issues at a moment’s notice will be valued/needed.
You're on the trail of embezzlers, swindlers, pyramid-and-Ponzi enthusiasts, and other fraudsters with the National White Collar Crime Center – Richmond, Va. or Fairmont, WV:
Hampton University – Senior Public Relations Specialist – responsible for media relations, newsletters, e-mail, web communications & strategic marketing for designated programs within the University – Hampton, Va.
Open Society Institute:
- Communications Officer – apply by Dec. 30
- Communications Officer – Public Health Program/International Harm Reduction Development Program – New York – apply by Jan. 11
- Legal Researcher/Intern – Summer 2012 – apply by Jan. 10
- Law Clerk – Summer 2012 – second or third year law student preferred – apply by Jan. 13
- additional New York-based admin, research & program opportunities available
Spanish language chops required to get on the roster (well, for the first two slots noted) with DC United:
Porter-Novelli are new since we last checked in:
- Senior Account Exec – New York
- Vice President, Consumer/Food – your principal client is the Almond Board of California – New York
- Project Manager – web/social media focus – with PN's Voce Communications affiliate – Winter Haven, FL sounds nice come January
- Account Exec – bilingual/bicultural w/ Spanish required – Los Angeles
- Intern, Consumer Practice – Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Advocacy & Congressional Relations Manager
- Senior Policy & Advocacy Advisor
- Senior Youth & Peacebuilding Advisor – foreign language skills preferred – DC, Cambridge, MA or Portland, OR
- Senior Projects & Events Manager – responsible for all aspects of project management and event planning for the Global Cities Initiative
- Research Assistant, Economic Studies – $42k – academic/work experience in economics, statistics and/or computer modeling preferred
- Senior Media Relations Specialist
- Director of Law Development
- Assistant Vice President, Development/Advancement Services
- Senior Associate Director, Alumni Relations – Engineering Schools
- Associate Director of Development/Reunion Giving – Law School
- Communications Assistant, School of Public Health – apply today, Dec. 19
Raytheon – Public Affairs Manager – responsible for supporting the engagement of think tanks, public policy organizations and key trade media
Assorted holiday season housekeeping and errata:
- We remain in M-W-F publishing mode this week (and likely next week, too) – see you again on Wednesday
- Rustico rolls out special seasonal brews for Festivus celebrations at Ballston (tonight, starting at 6:00 pm) and Alexandria (Tuesday)
- Also tonight – catch a reprise of Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations Somewhat Whacked-Out Holiday Special at 10:00 pm (eastern) – you can also catch Tony's Krampus Carol video here, which the network overlords deemed a little too intense for the episode.
- For your Monday job-search resource, we note that long-running subscription/pay job board Opportunities in Public Affairs now carries a handful of free listings, too (click on various categories at left hand side of page to see free jobs).