The American Heart Association seeks two Associate Communications Manager, Media Advocacy hires to guide media strategy in support of federal & state advocacy issues important to AHA. Minimum of three years experience required, including work with print, electronic, and social/online media.
International strategic communications firm Brown Lloyd James is in search mode for a Director to manage their DC operations. Seeking candidates with 5-8 years professional experience, particularly work in an agency setting, and an outgoing/outsized personality will help your chances – $60k-$80k.
Just added: Resume review begins on Apr. 16 for this just-posted Executive Assistant to the Director of the School of Media & Public Affairs post at George Washington University. And here’s your former national media DC-bureau-chief boss.
Account Service Intern/Coordinator post available with Sensis, a digital advertising agency specializing in multicultural advertising – previous ad agency experience preferred; digital & multi-cultural related experience is deemed a huge plus in their book.
New opportunities with the unfortunately very busy these days crew at Refugees International:
- Senior Advocate for Protection & Security – looking for candidates with Master's degree in international relations, journalism, human rights, political science; 5 to 7 years post-master’s experience involving some combination of overseas work and advocacy/policy background.
- Advocate – experience in Sudan, the DRC or Afghanistan extremely advantageous.
- Communications Intern – ignore the Dec. 2011 posting date noted; they are still actively seeking candidates
The National Children’s Museum seeks Marketing and Communications Manager with at least five to seven years of relevant experience, as well as excellent writing skills, social media background, familiarity with web and e-newsletter content management systems and proven media outreach skills. Marketing & Communications Intern and External Relations Intern also available with Apr. 15 deadline for one or possibly both of those.
The Aga Khan Foundation seeks Professional Development Interns (pdf) for work in their Programs; Impact Investing; Communications; and/or Finance departments for a nine-month period, beginning in summer 2012. International-related experience highly desirable, and Russian language skills a plus – apply by May 18
The Grassroots Business Fund, a global impact investing organization whose mission is to help build opportunities that support people living at the base of the economic pyramid, seeks Communications Intern working towards a related degree and some knowledge/interest in the field of impact investing.
- Assistant Director, Center for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law – $48k-$52k – JD required – apply by Apr. 17
- Public Relations Coordinator
Clean Water Action seeks Program Director for the not-quite-great Lake St. Clair bordering both Michigan & Ontario; a minimum of three years of successful organizing experience should include at least one year at the helm of an environmental campaign.
The lovely City of Charlottesville, Va. seeks Communications Director with broad-based communications experience; you owe us a burger and couple ice cold beers at our favorite burger joint if you get gig – $77k-$164k – apply by Apr. 30
Speaking of C’ville, the University of Virginia seeks Corporate Relations Associate to assistant with event management and fundraising/development for the Darden School of Business.
The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels, MD, is extending its search to hire a Vice President of Development to design, plan, execute and oversee a successful multi-platform development program.
Institute for the Study of War – Congressional Relations Intern
- Project Coordinator, Digital Media
- Producer/Editor, Digital Media
- Editor in Chief, Digital Media for Animal Planet, Pet Finder and/or what Discovery inscrutably describes as female focused websites
Fleishman Hillard – Senior Vice President, Public Affairs/Financial Services – seeking candidates with PR agency or consultancy experience working on financial services clients preferred; alternatively, public affairs experience, corporate or government in banking, insurance, or credit cards – also findable via LinkedIn
Health2 Resources – Public Relations/Media Relations Specialist – must have health care experience and top-notch writing skills
- Communications Specialist – managing publications/communications activities for Strengthening Health Outcomes through the Private Sector – video production experience and some French language skills helpful
- Intern, Environmental & Economic Division
Best wishes for a pleasant Friday and a lovely weekend (and a few goals from Ovie & Co.) from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource.