Growth Energy, advocate for the grow-able energy industry (the ethanol folks), seeks Communications/Public Relations Manager – 2+ years’ experience in communications sought; preference will be given to candidates with an agricultural/energy policy background
Baltimore’s Loyola University seeks a Media Relations Specialist with 1-3 years of experience in journalism, PR, or marketing, excellent writing skills and ability to spin impactful storytelling – Writer/Editor post also available – both opportunities sport a Nov. 10 application deadline
Red Peg Marketing, an experiential-oriented marketing group in Old Town Alexandria, is actively seeking new Intern (pdf) talent to help provide out-of-the-box solutions for their clients – variety of disciplines/interest areas noted.
Aquent seeks temporary-basis Media Relations Specialist in support of government clients in Falls Church, VA with 4+ years of media relations/public affairs experience; familiarity DoD procedures and knowledge of the military healthcare system desired.
Ovarian Cancer Alliance
Communications Officer supporting implementation of the National Vaccine Plan – $123k-$156k – job ID: HHS-OASH-DE-13-980765 – apply by Nov. 1
Mystery centrist (or centrist-left) think tank seeks Communications Director to raise the organization’s profile.
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Director of Public Relations
- Vice President of External Relations, BSO at Strathmore – perhaps this one is Bethesda-located, but that’s just a guess – search managed by the Arts Consulting Group
- Director of Institutional Giving
- Research & Campaign Associate
And, staying on the culture beat, opportunities with the Washington Ballet (scroll down):
- Public Relations & Publications Manager
- Director of Development
- Internships, Spring 2014 – program, special events & PR/marketing
American University – opportunities w/ WAMU 88.5 FM
Special Events Manager – qualities sought include compassion, team orientation, results driven, and working with a sense of urgency – listing appears to be new since our late-Sept. check-in w. PCRM.
Pew Charitable Trusts
- Associate, Medical Devices
- Associate, Philanthropic Partnerships
- Associate, Philanthropic Partnerships/Events
- Senior Associate, Digital/Graphic Designer
Recent opportunities via Beacon Hill Staffing:
- Anonymous conservative group – Communications/Media Relations Specialist – to $60k
- Mystery nonprofit with focus on the elderly – Communications Assistant – temporary/contract – $16/hr
- Tysons Corner commercial real estate firm – Client Services Coordinator – temp-to-hire – $14-$15/hr to $40k-$45k – strong Adobe Creative Suite experience, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign, is required
Army Historical Foundation – Corporate Relations Officer – experience soliciting and closing gifts at the six figure level preferred.
The tumultuous-of-late Associated Press operation in Richmond, Va. seeks new Newsperson – ability to break news and produce compelling enterprise on a politics beat is deemed essential.
Soccer-centric youth development group America SCORES seeks part-time Communications Associate – flexible schedule, 15 hour work-week and $700 monthly stipend noted
... and, finally: carpool to Ashburn with Kerrigan & Orakpo, or in Alfred Morris’ beloved ride, as Senior Admin Assistant for your Washington Redskins.
We’re straining to find Oktoberfest-ish related events for the weekend; we’ll add them if we find any. But we will alert you to the Tuesday opening of the long long long awaited Blue Jacket in the Navy Yard part of town – see previews from DCist – DC Beer – The Post. Main takeaway: it’s going to be great.
And also – mark your calendar for next Saturday’s (Nov. 2) Novemberfest at Rustico in Alexandria. See you there.