Yes, we're here on Veteran's Day with new listings right after previously noted opportunities closing this week.
Council of Chief State School Officers – Communications Associate – 2 to 5 years of experience in communications required; ideally in a communications firm, membership association, non-profit, or on Capitol Hill; knowledge of MLA writing style also sought.
Do you want to be the guy or gal in front of the cameras when the third-wealthiest (median-income-wise) county in the nation needs to be heard? Fairfax County – Director, Office of Public Affairs – $93k-$156k – apply by Dec. 14
The World Resources Institute’s Water Initiative seeks a part-time Communications & Research Intern to join the Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas team – $12/hr – demonstrated understanding of/interest in water issues & policy particularly sought.
Lockheed Martin (search public relations category or req id #) – most of these are in support of LM’s Information Systems & Global Solutions division:
- Communications Director (277604BR)
- Senior Communications Manager (277603BR) and another w/ same title/unit (277601BR)
- Creative & Production Operations Manager (277599BR)
- Communications Representations, Media Relations (270878BR)
- Senior Communications Representative, Project Management & Planning Operations (277602BR)
State Farm Insurance – Public Policy Analyst – broad range of public policy/legislative advocacy-related responsibilities noted
New with the United Food & Commercial Workers International Union:
Congressional & External Relations Specialist to support their U.S. Energy Information Administration client.
Habitat for Humanity – Associate Director, State & Local Relations – 3-5 years of related experience working with government grant processes and requirements sought, including work in the experience in governmental relations arena.
Latest with Americans for the Arts:
- State & Local Government Affairs Coordinator
- Operations Associate
- Private Sector Initiatives Coordinator – New York
A self-assessed small but growing company seeks paid Interns to work on a 3-month project related to international education and soft diplomacy project in the Middle East and Africa (local, no travel required).
This Correspondent Washington Online News opportunity with the American Academy of Family Physicians is fresh since Nov. 6 according their main jobs page (that’s what it shows as of today)
Apply today, Nov. 11 for Development Coordinator, Business School and Executive Assistant, Engineering School Development at George Washington Unviersity
American Constitution Society – Law Clerk, Summer 2014 – $3,500 stipend – apply by Dec. 15
Some Internship info from the Children’s Inn at the National Institutes of Health
New since our month-ago check-in at Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, MD, except as noted:
- Associate Director of Development, SAIS – DC-based
- Communications Associate, School of Public Health – $53k-$73k – and another with same title/pay but different focus
- Assistant Director of Foundation Relations
- Associate / Senior Associate Director of Development supporting the Center for Talented Youth
- Assistant Director, Constituent Engagement, Business School
- Senior Development Coordinator, Medical School – $17-$24/hr
- Associate Director of Development, Medical School – $62k-$108k
- Corporate Analyst/Event Specialist, Medical School – $45k-$62k
- Web Writer – casual/on-call – $20-$27/hr
- Graphic Designer – casual/on call – $20/hr
World Bank – Online Communications Officer – a minimum of five years’ experience in writing and/or editing for the web required – apply by Nov. 23
Far-flung opportunities for free-market/individual liberty enthusiasts via Talent Market:
- Nevada Policy Research Institute – Communications Director – Las Vegas, NV
- Illinois Policy Institute – Outreach Coordinator – Chicago, IL
- Spark Freedom – Creative Director – Lancaster, TN or flexible/virtual location
... and, finally: check out potential employers nationwide who offer enviable work-life balance, access to action & adventure and a get-outdoors bent per the folks at Outside magazine.