America’s Promise Alliance has shared this Senior Editor & Writer post suited for candidates with 10+ years of journalism or writing/editing experience, preferably including experience at a news service, nonprofit, or government agency.
The State Innovation Exchange, a resource & strategy center supporting state legislators who are advancing & defending progressive policies, is in search mode for a Press Secretary (pdf) – $55k-$60k – 3-5 years communications & public affairs experience desired, including media relations background.
The Animal Welfare Institute has let us know they’re looking for a Public Relations/Communications Intern (scroll to find) for the summer term, and we see several more Intern opportunities in other policy-related disciplines noted – apply by Apr. 30
Fresh opportunities from the League of Conservation Voters:
- Prospect Research & Portfolio Management Associate – apply by Apr. 14
- Special Assistant to the President & Board Liaison – apply by Apr. 14
- Digital Advertising Coordinator – apply by Apr. 17
American Society of Health System Pharmacists – Vice President, Marketing, Communications & Sales (scroll to find) – 15+ years of marketing, communications, sales, & brand management experience required, including at least 5 years in a senior management role – see also main career page
- Democratic MoC – Legislative Director
- North Carolina Democrat – Legislative Assistant
- Senior Democrat – Policy Advisor
- Veterans’ Affairs Committee, Republican Staff – Staff Assistant
- Florida Democrat – District Press Assistant
- Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-NY) – Intern
- and don’t forget the Senate Employment Bulletin
Advancement Project – Communications Intern – paid position
Policy Analyst post with UnitedHealth Group – firm understanding of various health policy topics and a successful track record of clearly articulating policy solutions in that arena desired.
Mystery Alexandria-based membership organization – Communications Contractor – 5+ years of relevant communications/marketing experience required; membership association background a must – search managed by TorchLight Hire
We see several new opportunities with the Sierra Club since our Mar. 10 check-in:
- National Political Director
- Deputy Press Secretary supporting the Beyond Dirty Fuels campaign
- National Online Organizer supporting the Gender, Equity & Environment campaign
- Senior Online Organizer supporting the Our Wild America campaign – DC; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; Los Angeles or Oakland, CA
MetLife – Intern, Global Government Relations – current undergrad status a must