- Vice President, Strategic Communications
- Vice President, Branding & Digital
- Senior Director, Government Relations - Senate
To find the Senior Communications Manager and Communications Professional positions at ICF International, search DC location or communications function (Fairfax Va. Associate and entry-level communications jobs also in there). A caveat – these long long lists of openings may be indicative of positions in the organization, but not necessarily vacant positions.
The International Campaign for Tibet is looking for a new President to help increase the level and effectiveness of international diplomatic support for Tibetan issues. Considerable diplomatic or advocacy experience and access government leaders, along with knowledge/familiarity with Tibetan/Chinese culture/politics, are among the needs for this position. Search managed by Etech Hi, Inc. – also advertised directly via ICT.
Energetics is a technical and management consulting firm specializing in ..... well, you can probably figure it out. They have Communications Specialist (search DC location) opportunities if the entry-, mid-, and senior-level variety, along with technical and analyst positions.
Public relations/public affairs shop MWW Group is in search of an Administrative and Operations Officer to manage admin and financial operations. Previous PR firm experience and familiarity with government relations/Capitol Hill environment a plus.
This Field Marketing Manager (search job ID 387 or DC location) slot with Tatum LLC is more of a marketing-oriented PR job than we usually feature here. Media relations, new media and marketing communications experience are sought – as is knowledge of modern office equipment including copiers, computers, projectors, phones, and fax machines. Sadly, your mimeograph skills and carbon-paper fluency are totally irrelevant.
FINCA International provides financial services to the world's lowest-income entrepreneurs so they can create jobs, build assets and improve their standard of living. Perhaps you can improve your own standard of living as their Corporate Brand Marketing Manager. They are also in the market for a Communications Services Intern – preferably with foreign language skills.
Biotech firm QIAGEN is looking for an Investor Relations Manager to work out of their Germantown, Md, offices, in concert with der volk back in the Hilden, Germany HQ. Among your duties: Developing and executing IR strategy and outreach, including managing/attending analyst meetings and conferences.
Here are a few opportunities from the Council on Foreign Relations:
- Research Associate, International Institutions and Global Governance
- Research Associate, Middle East
- Editorial Internship, Foreign Affairs magazine – New York – full academic year, 2009-10 – apply by Mar. 13
- Communications Officer – GU Medical Center – $43k-$49k
- Web Programmer/Design Development Analyst
- Communications Director, Annual Fund
- New Media Communications Manager – apply by Feb. 20
- Web Producer – apply by Feb. 20
- Interim Director, Global Network Initiative
- Summer Internships and Law Clerkships
The Foreign Media Analyst (also findable under “analytical positions” in career section) job with the Central Intelligence Agency sounds excellent on its own merits – including a $48k-$95k pay scale. But I find two components of the ad particularly interesting:
- To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally (!) not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
- Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency.