Buyers and Renters Arlington Voice – Executive Director – Feb. 9 – note: idealist.org will make you register (free, painless) after you've visited a few times.
City of Glenarden, Md. – Executive Assistant – Feb. 10
Export-Import Bank of the US – Administrative Management Assistant – job ID 09-503 – $50k-$72k – Feb. 11
Department of Labor – International Relations Analyst – $50k-$79k – job ID ILAB 09-057DE – Feb. 13
US Navy – Public Affairs Specialist – Norfolk, Va. – $40k-$73k – job ID EA9-1035-02-MJ236734-CE – Feb. 13
Service Employees International Union – Assistant Director of Communications – Feb. 15
Brookings Institution – Research Assistant, Economic Studies – Feb. 15
- National Federation of Republican Women – Feb. 11
- National Association of County & City Health Officials – Feb. 15
- National Public Radio – Feb. 15
Save the Children – Manager, Media & Communications – duties include: media contact/outreach, spokesperson work, releases, web content, internal messages, talking points, op-eds, etc.
The National Taxpayers Union guiding principle: "This is your money and the government should return it to you." For folks willing to join that fight, they have several Intern opportunities in communications, development, government affairs, and policy research.
The Search for Common Ground is conducting the search for a Web and New Media Manager to handle the content and functionality of the SFCG website. Among their extensive list of essential qualifications: five years of experience in the areas of digital media, interactive design, mobile technologies or online technologies in creating complex, dynamic websites and content management applications. They also note several Intern opportunities.
Three relevant, and reasonably recent, positions posted by the American Association of Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyer of America):
American Constitution Society for Law & Policy:
- Executive Director – apply by Mar. 2
- Director of Development
- Law Fellowship (one year)
- Law Clerks – Summer 2009
The Pew Charitable Trusts advertise an extensive list of opportunities here. The recently posted jobs among them include:
- Senior Associate, Media Relations
- Senior Associate, Human Health & Industrial Farming
- Associate, Human Health & Industrial Farming
- Communications Manager, Human Health & Industrial Farming
- Associate, Advancing Home Visiting for At-Risk Families
- Project Director, Federal Budget Reform Initiative
- Administrative Assistant, Pew Center on the States
- Intern Opportunities: Faith Based Outreach, PreK Now – Native American Outreach, PreK Now – Federal Policy
Mysterious American multinational computer technology corporation seeks experienced Government Affairs Attorney to lead company's public policy engagement on issues related to cyber security, standards, interoperability, and open source software.
Today's job search resource: non-profit/academic search specialist Isaacson, Miller