Dept. of Defense, OIG – Congressional Affairs Specialist – $102k-$136k – job ID: IG-D051-10 – Sept. 20
Centers for Disease Control – Director, Washington Office – $119k-$179k – job ID: ES10-10-045 – Sept. 20
Montgomery College – Speech Writer – $61k-$83k – Sept. 20
- Coal Campaigner – DC, Chicago, or San Francisco – Sept. 21
- Direct Marketing Production Manager – Sept. 22
- Gift Planning Associate (12385) – Sept. 21
- Media Relations Manager, Marketing Resource Center (12347) – Austin, TX – Sept. 24
Architect of the Capitol – Human Resources Specialist – $74k-$115k – job ID: HCMD-2010-235 – Sept. 22
Dept. of Housing & Urban Development – Public Affairs Specialist – serving as the bilingual (Spanish) Press Desk Officer – $42k-$54k – job ID: H10-ACWA-383664-MSz – Sept. 22
George Mason University – Associate Vice President of Campaign Programs (scroll back or search for job #FA869z) – fundraising/dev. – Sept. 23
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition – Advocacy Senior Associate, External Relations Program – Geneva, Switzerland – Sept. 23
ACLU – Communications Assistant – Sept. 24
Boeing – Communications Specialist – Sept. 24
Capital Area Asset Builders – EITC Campaign Manager & Outreach Coordinator (pdf) – Sept. 24
GAVI Campaign – Admin Assistant – Sept. 24
National Building Museum – Director of Government Relations (scroll down) – Sept. 24
Open Society Institute – Admin Coordinator – New York – Sept. 24
Physicians for Social Responsibility – Safe Energy Program Director – Sept. 24
University of Maryland – Assistant Director, Volunteer Alumni Programs – Sept. 24
Dept. of Education – Legislative Affairs Specialist – $62k-$115k – job ID: OLCA-2010-0011 – Sept. 26
World Wildlife Fund – Coordinator, People & Conservation – Gland, Switzerland – Sept. 26
Unknown communications firm seeks Communications Specialist with social marketing and/or health communication experience as well as familiarity w/ DoD structure & processes.
We would have saved this great Director of Service position with the American Jewish World Service for the Humanitarian/Relief Jobs Special we have planned for tomorrow (here's our last one, from May), but the Sept. 21 application deadline compels us act sooner. Winning hire will bring a laser-like focus on execution, and a vision for growing the impact of AJWS's service programs worldwide.
Latest opportunities with Hill & Knowlton:
- Account Exec/Senior Account Exec, Technology
- Senior Account Exec, Healthcare – New York
- Vice President, Issues/Crisis/Risk Management – New York
Brookings Institution – Project Coordinator, Latin America Initiative – mid to high $30k – Brookings has also recently added several admin, finance & grant management positions (scroll down)
George Washington University (search by job # or scroll back):
- Associate Director, Employer Relations & Programming (0602161) – Elliott School of International Affairs
- Marketing Coordinator (0602164) – possibly for GW’s Graduate School of Political Management (GSPM) – apply by Oct. 1
- Director of Development, School of Engineering & Applied Sciences (0602160)
- Associate Director for Major Gifts, Law School Development (0602159)
Greenpeace has enlisted Koya Consulting to lead the search for a new Chief Operations Officer of the dynamic, talented and highly-experienced variety.
Dept. of Homeland Security – Communications Specialist – $74k-$97k – job ID: HQDHS10-375983-CR – apply by Sept. 22
New-ish (9/14, to be exact) from venerable (est. 1908) banking/finance giant CIT:
- Senior Vice President, Government Relations
- Manager, Government Relations
- Director, Government Relations
Human Rights Watch – Media Director – DC or New York – apply by Sept. 30
We shortchanged this Communications Officer post with the International Finance Corp. when we mentioned it on Tuesday – failing to note the job’s environmental/sustainability focus and Sept. 26 application deadline as well as their other local and foreign-based opportunities.
Doesn’t the 1939-founded American Association for Industrial Hygiene just sound old school? Manager, Strategic Communications
The Century Foundation, a nonpartisan research foundation is seeking a Communications Intern for their public affairs department – New York.
Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility – Communications Manager – looking for three to five years of media and public relations experience; Capitol Hill experience preferred – bilingual English/Spanish a must – apply by Oct. 1
Economic Opportunity Studies will be responsible for managing a DOE-funded project to support the activities of local agencies that deliver services of the federal Weatherization Assistance Program – your mouthful of a title there will be Project Coordinator for Weatherization Management & Innovation Assistance – and they’ll be putting $60k-$66k in your pocket (or at least on your W2).
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington’s Internship positions have been filled for this Fall; but they are happy to see your application for Spring 2011.
- Senior Media Associate
- Operations Coordinator, Leadership for America – admin oriented
- Research Fellow, Energy & Environment – requires PhD or equivalent level of technical and research skills
- Senior Japanese Scholar – position available July 2011
- Art Director
LAC Group seeks a Communications Specialist – ideal candidate will be an excellent writer/editor with experience in producing collateral materials and print and web publications.
Nature Conservancy (search by job # or scroll back):
- Donor Relations Manager (12434) – apply by Oct. 8
- Deputy Director of Philanthropy (12375) – San Francisco, CA – apply by Oct. 1
- Philanthropy Systems Specialist (12419) – database/admin & accounting position – FASB knowledge desired – apply by Sept. 28
- Donor Relations Manager (12420) – apply by Oct. 8
- Associate Director, Marketing Resource Center (12423) – broad set of communications/media relations responsibilities noted – apply by Oct. 15
- Associate Director of Philanthropy (12418) – apply by Oct. 8
… and, AFP’s job board closes out your Monday as today’s career resource.