We begin with previously noted opportunities closing this week:
District of Columbia Superior Court – Communications Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: 03-12-026 – Apr. 23
League of Conservation Voters – National Press Secretary – Apr. 23
Public Health Institute – Development Associate – Apr. 23 – deadline info here
George Washington University – Director of Research Communications – Apr. 24
USDA/Food Safety & Inspection & Service – Speechwriter – $74k-$115k job ID: W-CPAO-2012-0011 – Apr. 25
Smithsonian Institution – Project Coordinator supporting the Lunder Conservation Center – $42k-$54k – job ID: 12R-MR-297647-TRF-SAAM – Apr. 26
Americans for the Arts – Website Associate – Apr. 27 (deadline noted here)
Bread for the World – Online Communications Specialist – Apr. 27
Human Rights Watch – lower end of salary range provided:
- Emergencies/Program Associate – $39k – New York – Apr. 27
- Special Events Associate – £24k – London, UK – Apr. 27
Nature Conservancy – Media Relations Manager, LEAF Program (scroll to find or use job # 39964) – Arlington, Va. or New York – Apr. 28
Bill of Rights Defense Committee – Communications Specialist/Manager – Apr. 29
BP – Director of International Affairs – Apr. 29
Social change advocacy/communications firm GMMB seeks Senior Communications Specialist to focus on education issues. 7-10 years of experience managing projects and/or clients in communications, journalism, public policy or a related field required; education policy background preferred; experience in state government or at the local level a plus.
The United Nations Foundation seeks Associate, Executive Office to support Deputy CoS, assist with grant management activities, and write/edit a variety of research/communications & correspondence products – apply by May 2. In addition, various previously-noted Intern opportunities sport Apr. 26 application deadlines.
Latest finds with Atlantic Media
- Digital Editorial Director
- Digital Team Leader and Reporter for new, one-stop digital home for congressional and influence coverage
- Editorial Fellowship with Government Executive
- Project Manager – for their new global business & finance digital property – New York
- several new business development & web services positions also available – DC and New York
Organizations in the Teach for All Network recruit outstanding university grads; young leaders in a variety of disciplines to commit two years to teach in high-need areas in the U.S. worldwide – seeking Director of Communications with proven record leading comprehensive communications, media relations, marketing online/social media strategies; agency experience a plus.
Center for American Progress
- Online Organizing Associate, Campus Progress – seeking candidates with experience developing and executing online campaigns, including email marketing, online actions to complement offline actions, and social media outreach plans.
- Journalism Network Associate, Campus Progress – responsibilities include campus outreach; managing grants to student- run publications; and providing strategic and operational guidance and services to grantees.
We had a bad link (now fixed) in a recent edition noting Professional Development Intern posts with the Aga Khan Foundation, so we’re referencing it again. Opportunities available in Programs; Impact Investing; Communications; and/or Finance departments for a nine-month period, beginning in summer 2012. International-related experience highly desirable, Russian language skills a plus – apply by May 18
Mystery large & well-respected law firm seeks Media Relations Manager – can also search here, via DC location – search managed by Rhodes & Weinstock
The Recirculating Farms Coalition, advocates for eco-friendly hydroponics & aquaculture, have just decamped to New Orleans – but you need not follow them as a remotely-based PR/Grassroots/Advocacy Intern. Other undergrad & legal Intern opportunities also available, presumably in NOLA.
Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- Independent Expenditure Political Program Assistant
- Finance Assistant, Northeast Region – DC-based
- Regional Targeting Director – DC location preferable; other options possible
- we imagine Campaign Manager jobs are field-based positions
National Electrical Contractors Association – Manager, Government Affairs – PAC management & grassroots cultivation/mobilization and admin duties
American Dental Education Association (scroll down)
- Marketing & Communications Manager
- Director of Marketing & Communications
- Director of Grassroots Advocacy
- Manager, Grassroots Education (6356)
- Manager, Social Communications & Engagement (6357) – Chicago, IL
- Manager, Digital Content (6355) - Chicago, IL
George Washington University
- Senior Research Assistant at the GW Regulatory Studies Center
- Writer, School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Executive Director, Development & Alumni Relations, School of Medicine & Health Sciences
National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts – Director, REITPAC & Political Outreach – requires 7-10 years of experience in political fundraising, with experience in a trade association’s corporate PAC preferred.
Council of State Governments – Intern (pdf)
Monday's job resource: links to the career/employment pages of 32 organizations related to the United Nations Development Group.
New material: Monday, 3:00 pm
Sunlight Foundation – Research Intern & Data/Research Intern
American Lung Association – Internships – $10/hr
Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, MD
- Communications Associate, School of Public Health – $51k-$70k
- Director of Principal Gifts – focus on major (an in x > $5 million) donors
Sanitas International – Communications Associate, mid-level – strategic communication, public affairs, digital media and political advisory firm with international focus
Northrop Grumman (search media relations keyword or job #)
- Director of Strategic Communications (12001952)
- Corporate Citizenship & Media Relations Representative (12006759)
- Public Relations Representatives (11024965 and 11024582) – secret clearance required
YMCA of Central Maryland – Annual Campaign Development Director – Baltimore, MD