The National Multi Housing Council, a trade association representing the interests of major apartment firms, seeks a highly-motivated Communications Intern for the summer of 2012 – $10/hr – apply by May 18.
Naval Intelligence Command – Public Affairs Specialist – $62k-$115k – job ID: NE21035-13-6544034F307957 – apply by May 7
Fresh opportunities available with Atlantic Media:
- Research Manager for the Government Business Council – strong analytical and synthesis skills and familiarity with market research techniques among job requirements
- Executive Director, Research and New Product Development – will lead efforts to identify best practices fpr public policy professionals to advancing their legislative agendas and educate executive teams and boards of directors
Hoover Institution – Media & Government Relations Intern – Summer 2012 – communications/journalism background preferred; Hill experience a plus – part-time & paid position.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – Public Affairs Specialist – $62k-$81k – job ID: NHTSA.NPO-2012-0007 – apply by May 7
- Office of the Sergeant at Arms – Appointments Desk Assistant – $41k – apply by May 4
- Mystery GOP/conservative MoC – Intern
- Rep. Andre Carson (D-IN) – Intern
- Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) – Legislative Assistant
The University of Maryland Baltimore seeks to fill grandly-titled Vice President, Chief Communications Officer & Special Assistant to the President post. The job will remain posted until May 25, but we’re going to suggest hewing to their May 11 resume review begins guidepost.
We seldom stray into the field of advertising, but perhaps someone out there has the story-telling, entrepreneurial, innovative spirit sought for various copywriter, art, creative, account, etc. opportunities (search DC location) at AKQA.
Wednesday's job search resource: check out opportunities available and job-search advice from search/placement firm Staffing Advisors.
Johns Hopkins Medicine – Public Affairs Web Content Specialist – Baltimore, MD
American Academy of Actuaries – Senior Policy Writer/Editor
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Director of Congressional Affairs – focus in education issues
- Executive Director, U.S./Brazil Business Council – fluency in Portuguese a must
American Institutes for Research – Communications Specialist – we see also see a web-centric Communications Specialist post available in Atlanta, GA that is currently funded through September.
MWW Group – Senior Vice President, Government & Public Affairs – experience helpful in these areas: tax, financial services, economic development, and federal contracting
Luis Berger Group – Corporate Communications Director
International Association of Fire Chiefs – Government Relations Manager
Politico – Finance Reporter and Finance Editor for Politico PRO
Mystery fast-paced consulting firm – Associate – Knowledge of the Pacific Northwest and Hill experience preferred
Unknown Centreville-based nonprofit seeks PR/Fundraising Manager – part-time, for now