Hey, it's Monday! And we're glad to see you. And, of course, we wouldn't want you to skip past this good-sized set of previously noted opportunities closing this week.
General Federation of Women’s Clubs – Communications Specialist – $30k-$35k – 1-3 years prior experience in communications, public relations, media relations, or public affairs desired.
American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers – Communications Specialist – seeking candidates with at least 4 years of experience working with energy issues in a related industry, or in federal or state government; top notch organizational & communications skills a must.
The Moak Group seeks Executive Assistant/Office Manager with 2+ years of office management, scheduling and/or executive assistant experience to handle a broad range of support/admin duties for this public affairs start-up.
George Washington University
- Programs and Operations Manager for the Documentary Center – strong admin & writing skills, advanced knowledge of digital production and post-production technology, web design, and social media platforms desired
- Education & Outreach Coordinator supporting the Institute for Middle East Studies – $49k-$50k
- Development Manager
- Associate Director of Development, Parents Campaign
Kinda-eponymous PR firm PRR seeks Account Exec to join the DC office – event planning experience, strong writing skills & ability to cope with distractions valued
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – positions supporting their education programs in the U.S.
Development Associate to manage foundation grants and seek individual donors – Strategic Research Intern also sought
NETWORK, a national catholic social justice advocacy group, seeks National Field Organizer (pdf) with 3-5 years of progressive professional experience, ideally including 1-2 years in political campaigns, community organizing, advocacy,or public policy – first round of interviewees will come from applications received by July 31, although they may still consider resumes received though Aug. 14
American Diabetes Association
- Vice President, Direct Response Fundraising
- Vice President, Sports & Entertainment – successful candidate will direct efforts to establish and strengthen partnerships with celebrities, athletes & teams.
- Recruiter, Special Events – temporary though Sept. 2015
- Intern supporting the Tour de Cure – now through November 2015
Catholic University – Executive Director, Law School Development & Alumni Relations (pdf) – minimum of 5 years senior-level experience in annual giving & major gifts required
Friends Committee on National Legislation (Quaker public interest lobby group)
Assistant Director, Communications and Outreach supporting GU’s School of Continuing Studies
These appear to be new with the Center for Community Change since our mid-July visit:
- Media Specialist for Ethnic Media – fluency in Spanish a must – $48k-$52k
- Senior Project Manager – $55k-$65k
- Asian American Pacific Islander Community Engagement Director
- Communications Director
- Data/Modeling Scientist
- Deputy Research Director
- Digital Production & Development Assistant
- Digital Writer
- Press Secretary – serves as primary spokesperson for the Democratic National Convention Committee
- Tracker – you’ll be shadowing Ted, Scott, Jeb, et al hoping to catch their Macaca moment
- Art/graphic/video production-related opportunities also noted
Twitter seeks highly-organized Events Associate, Government & Politics for 6-month engagement
GMYR Public Relations
Specialist, Interactive Marketing
… and, finally, the Washington National Cathedral is looking for a Box Office Assistant for seasonal work in the weeks before Christmas & Easter